1. The Symmetry of Physique- The Key to Sex AppealThe universal standard of beauty comes from the symmetry of the human body. This is true for humans from all races and even in the animal kingdom. The science of physical attraction is based on the belief that a human will find only a symmetrical body beautiful and therefore more attractive. In the early 20th century, a mathematician from Harvard, George David Birkhoff developed a formula for determining the beauty of something like a work of art. Birkhoff’s mathematical formula was based on symmetry. According to him, something is aesthetically appealing if it is highly symmetrical. The bodies of animals and humans are meant to have a bilateral symmetry. This means, if you divide the body from head to toe, the parts formed would be mirror images of each other. Scientists think that the bilateral symmetry in animals and humans may have evolved for a reason since it is so prevalent. One of the reasons may be that bilateral symmetry is easier for the brain to perceive. This is why females are said to prefer males who have bilaterally symmetrical sexual ornaments. A peacock with longer and more symmetrical tail feathers will attract a greater number of peahens. It works the same way for the opposite sex too, as per the science of attraction for men. There is a correlation between symmetry and health. For instance, studies show that men with asymmetric faces tend to be depressed, anxious, suffer from headaches and digestive problems. Women having asymmetric faces exhibit emotional instability and depression. This may be the reason why nature chose to rely on symmetry for reproduction. The fact that your brain likes symmetry and makes you drawn to it is evident by the following:
- Most movie stars and sports persons have huge fan followings. They are termed as the most attractive people.
- The plastic surgery business is thriving as more and more people now choose to opt for it. Nose jobs and smile correction are extremely common.
- Studies show that women tend to have more orgasms when partnered with men who have symmetrical bodies.
- Women with symmetrical breasts are more fertile than those who are not so evenly endowed.
2. People Fall in Love with the Way You SmellPheromones are a type of chemical that your body secretes along with sweat and other bodily fluids. Pheromones contain a scent. It is nature’s way of signaling suitable mates of our sexual availability. Animals secrete pheromones and so do humans. According to the science of human attraction, human pheromones contain compounds like:
3. An Attractive Voice May Mean a Good MateWhat can be sexier than a man with a deep and clear voice? The fact is, just as symmetry and smell indicate a person’s health, so does the voice. Good looking men often have a deep voice. Voice can tell a lot about a person’s physical characteristics. A study conducted in 2002 showed that people are able to rightly connect a voice to the picture of the person almost 75 percent of the times. Not just this, voice quality can also tell you about the person’s physical outline. A good male voice correlates to a good shoulder-to-hip ratio. In the same way, a good female voice means the woman has a good waist-to-hip ratio. It can be said that since testosterone affects both voice and physical appearance in men, a man’s deep voice means good muscle mass and fitness. In women, both estrogen and progesterone influence voice and dimensions. A good voice, therefore, indicates her fertility. Just as a woman’s pheromones work to attract men on the days she is most fertile, her voice changes too. A woman’s voice is most attractive when she is ovulating and therefore more active sexually. This means human voice is capable of undergoing changes due to hormones. There are other factors that influence how a voice is perceived. Here are few kinds of voices that people find attractive:
- Confident voices
- Bright and enthusiastic voices
- Voices that are similar to their own
- Deep voices for men and high-pitched, breathy voices for women
4. The Shape of Your Body Decides How Attractive You AreJust like symmetry, nature has given special abilities to the humans to quickly calculate the bodily measurements of a prospective mate. Body ratios are markers of masculinity and femininity for both men and women. Here are the ideal Waist-to-hip ratios for men and women that the opposite sex prefers and deems attractive:
- Ideal waist-to-hip ratio for men: 9:10
- Ideal waist-to-hip ratio for women: 7:10
- Exercise: Resistance training can help reduce fat and tone muscles up. It especially works wonders on abdominal fat. Strength training helps increase lean muscle mass while doing cardio exercises can help burn fat and boost metabolism.
- Balanced Diet: Along with providing your body with essential nutrients, eating a balanced diet can also boost metabolism, encourage weight loss and decrease abdominal adiposity.
- Relaxation Training: Stress can trigger the accumulation of body fat. Therefore, finding time to unwind can help you to get rid of the protruding belly. Yoga, meditation and breathing exercises can help you relax by lowering you stress hormones.
5. The Science of Attraction – Why Your Face Affects Your AttractivenessNot only body curves, but the science of attraction states that people tend to concentrate on the face too, when it comes to judging your appeal. There is no scientifically backed reason why certain types of faces are considered attractive; however, you may have noticed that in most cases, a wide jawline is more attractive. The reason for this is that a wide jawline increases the distance between the eyes that, in turn, makes the eyes quite prominent. A wide jawline also helps to make the smile more prominent. Oblong or square face shapes are popularly termed as more attractive. Hollywood celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are living examples of attractive people whose jawline is admired by many. This has been expressed in several science of attraction documentaries. When it comes to facial features, most men like women who have:
- Large eyes
- High cheekbones
- Full lips
- Oval face
- Small slim nose
- Arched eyebrows
- Smooth jawline
- Medium, thick eyebrows
- Slim, straight nose
- Square jawline
- Average lips
- Oval eyes
6. How You Walk Can Determine How Attractive You AreMen slyly observing a woman who is walking by is not something uncommon. Attractive women walking down the street make heads turn, not only with their beauty or what they are wearing, but also with the way they walk. A recent study suggests that a woman’s walk means much more than just an attempt to gain attention. It can tell a lot about her orgasmic history. The findings of the study suggest that women who walk with energy, sensuality, fluidity and freedom are more attractive than those that don’t. These are also the ones who have had a history of vaginal orgasm. Women who are in sync with their sexual needs and their body tend to be more confident, at ease and have a greater sex appeal. They are more comfortable in their own skin. Therefore, they are not inhibited and can give in to the physical sensations during sex which helps them to reach vaginal orgasms easily. How you walk can tell people how confident you are in and out of the bedroom which, in turn, hints at your fertility. From a biological standpoint, a fertile man or woman is always more attractive.
7. All You Need is a Smile to Attract Others Towards YouA smile is an attractive human attribute. A person who is relaxed, having fun and seems cool to talk to is always more attractive than the one who is brooding, arrogant and standing in the corner. Every one of us is subconsciously looking for someone who can make us feel good about ourselves, lift our moods and with whom we can have a good time. A smile reflects that you are approachable. It shows the people around you that you are a confident and friendly person. Some benefits of smiling are also reasons behind why a smile is attractive:
- Smiling Reduces Stress: Smiling helps to lower your body’s stress hormone levels. It also helps raise the hormones responsible for enhancing your mood – for both you and the people around you.
- Smiling is Contagious: A smile is contagious. It encourages people to smile back at you.
- A Smile Shows How You Feel About Others: It conveys to people that you are excited to see them.
- Smiling Signifies Positivity: Smiling signifies your positive side and positivity attracts people.
- Always keep a general pleasant expression on your face.
- Make eye contact with people often.
- Shake hands firmly and warmly.
- Smile broadly when meeting someone.
- Nod and smile in a conversation while making eye contact with the speaker.
Please follow and like us: