Why The Libido Drops Like A RockBefore you go munching on herbs to increase libido, you have to understand why your sex drive is going or gone. This will help you know which tactics will help your libido get back on track. Here are some reasons for a low or absent libido:
- Stress. In many cases, men and women lose interest in sex, because their minds and bodies are too tired to engage in the act. Hormones can ebb and flow, thereby decreasing the libido. This can take off a person’s mind from sexual desire and even cause erectile dysfunction in males.
- Age. Views may differ as the years go by due to changes that aging causes to the body. For example, menopause can cause a sudden estrogen drop that leads to low libido.
- Low Self-Esteem. When you feel that you are not sexy, it can be hard to want sex. Your poor perception about your body image makes you skip the deed. You are not ready for someone else to see you naked.
- Depression. Some people are highly active in sex because they feel sad. Others don’t want to have sex because they are too down in the dumps. People who suffer from depression lose interest in the things that used to make them happy.
- Strains On The Relationship. It can be hard to make love to someone when you two are having an intense argument. Misunderstandings make two people distant from each other.
- Boring Sex. Some people are too conservative, even in bed. Others do not experiment. When sex happens the same way with the same person for a long time, it can get boring.
- Sleeplessness. Lack of sleep can increase the levels of cortisol. This hormone lowers the libido. In addition, lack of rest and sleep worsens stress.
- Hormone Imbalance. Low estrogen levels in the body can make a woman lose her sex drive. Low levels of testosterone in the body can make a man lose interest in sex.
- Medications. Low libido can occur as a side effect of medications for treating hypertension, depression and other illnesses.
- Use Of Alcohol Or Recreational Drugs. Too much alcohol in the system can depress the body, due to fatigue. This leads to arousal difficulty. Marijuana limits the function of the pituitary gland that is responsible for the regulation of testosterone production.
A Devastating Wake: Effects Of A Poor Sex LifeWith causes come effects. Having no interest in sex leads to not doing it, which leads to a further lack of interest. It’s a vicious cycle that repeats itself over and over again. Not having sex then leads to some negative effects. It is vital to find natural ways to increase libido to avoid the following:
- Physically And Emotionally Drifting Away From Each Other. In the end, you might part ways for good.
- Prostate Problems. Men, especially those who haven’t engaged in sex for some time or for those who are aging have no desire for sex.
- [adsanity id=”54600″ align=”aligncenter” /]Not Feeling Sexy Or Desirable. Men and women who do not have sex or do it seldom feel less sexy and confident about themselves.
- Lack Of Interest. After a time, one of the partners lacks the desire to have sex. This can push the other to cheat. He or she will then satisfy that sexual urge in someone else’s bed.
Turn It Around:6 Natural Libido EnhancersSome men take sex pills in order to perform well in sex. Some women get high on ecstasy to be wilder in bed. However, here are some safe and natural ways to enhance the libido:
- Find Out Why. Find out what the cause of the libido drop is and deal with it. If it is a relationship reason, discuss it with your partner and get counseling if necessary. If it is a health or medication reason, consult the matter with your doctor.
- Talk About It. Be honest with your partner. Tell your partner that you are losing interest in sex and tell him or her why if you know the reason. Your partner or spouse may be able to help you solve the problem and regain your sex drive.
- Reduce Stress. Be it physical stress, psychological stress or both, you need to unload and slow down. That way, you are not too exhausted to get busy in the bedroom.
- Feed Thy Body. Condition the body by taking food, plants and herbs to increase libido. Examples of those would be chili, ginseng, horny goat weed, avocado, asparagus, celery, watermelon, pomegranates, oysters and dark chocolates.
- Get A Boost. Take health supplements rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Magnesium, Selenium and Zinc. They are all essential for healthy functions of the male and female reproductive system.
- Bring The Fire Back. Add more thrills to your sex life. You may light scented candles or play dress up with your partner. You may try doing it in new and different positions or having sex in other places than the bedroom for more excitement.
Please follow and like us: