1. Dark ChocolateDark chocolate is a type of food that tastes good and is healthy, too. Those types of foods are rare these days. Dark chocolate may be high in fat, but it is also rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which can help the body in many ways. The best types of dark chocolate have at least 75 percent cocoa in them. Studies have shown that a person who eats cocoa regularly, say four or five times a week, is less than likely to die from heart disease. Wait, there’s more. Dark chocolate is high in antioxidants, which mean it can help lower the cholesterol level of the body. It doesn’t stop there. Dark chocolate can also help improve the brain functions. It can also protect the skin from UV rays due to exposure to the sun. Isn’t that just a win-win situation? Go ahead and indulge yourself in some dark chocolate.
2. Organic BeefBeef and other meat products, as you know, are high in fat and cholesterol, but not organic beef. There are types of beef that comes from animals that have been grass fed – grass that was not grown with chemicals and fertilizers. That means it has less fat, less cholesterol, and less chemicals that are harmful for the body. Aside from that, organic beef has high levels of omega 3, which helps in preventing heart disease. That means you don’t have to go fully cold turkey on the meat and beef eating. As long as you choose the organic beef, you’re good to go.
3. AvocadosAvocados, as studies show, have higher fat deposits in them than some meat and animal foods. It is loaded with fats and carbs, and fatty acids which may initially be not good for the body. But the fatty acid that is dominant in avocado is oleic acid. This is a fatty acid that can also be found in olive oil – a type of oil that has many health benefits also. Avocados are rich in fiber, as well. It is also a good source of potassium and is said to have 40 percent more potassium deposits than a banana. Even though avocado contains fat, it’s the good kind of fat that can help your body. Plus, it tastes sweet and delicious, too.
4. SalmonYou probably think that anything that is fish is healthy. There are fish that have high, unhealthy fat deposits in them. Even the most ordinary fish have bad fats. If you want to eat sea food and wonder what types have less fat and more health benefits, the answer in simply salmon. This common fish – although a little pricey – is actually the healthiest of them all. It is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which can help fight cardiovascular diseases and can lower the likelihood of having hypertension. In choosing what fish to eat, since you stay healthy, add chunks of salmon to your salad or cook a salmon fillet to achieve that objective.
5. Olive OilEveryone knows that olive oil is the healthy kind of oil. It’s fat, but the good kind of healthy fat. It contains vitamins E, K and it is rich in antioxidants which helps in lowering the risks of hypertension. Fried and oiled foods: Who doesn’t love them, right? You can never go wrong with eating food with grease, at least not for your taste buds. But you have to be careful with the oil that you use. Olive oil is your go to oil if you’re a fry-loving person. Olive oil is known to help fight against cancer cells and prevent the spread of the disease. It also has the type of fat that can help strengthen your heart. Studies have shown that those who use olive oil are less likely to have heart disease than those who use other types of oil.
6. EggsIf there’s any type of food that is perfect, it’s eggs. Eggs have many of the nutrients that our body needs to keep us going. At first, eggs were considered bad fat and unhealthy because of the amount of cholesterol in the contents. Studies showed that egg cholesterol does not mix and mingle with blood cholesterol, which makes it in the clear for good types of fat. Eggs are filled with vitamins and nutrients that the body needs. It has antioxidants which helps prevent hypertension, it helps prevent heart diseases, keeps the brain healthy, protects your eyes and it is a great choice of food for those who are on a weight loss program.
7. NutsNuts have high deposits of fat in them. Nuts have the good kind of fat and have plenty of healthy benefits for those who eat it regularly. They are rich in fiber which can greatly help with the metabolism and is a good source of protein which can keep the body strong. Studies show that those people who eat nuts are healthier than those who don’t. Nuts are also rich in vitamin E and omega 3 which helps in preventing heart diseases and obesity. Adding nuts to your diet can help you maintain your healthiness.
8. CheeseCheese may seem unhealthy because it contains a lot of fats. But the truth is, cheese is nutritious just like its other dairy counterparts. One slice of cheese contains the nutrients that one glass of milk can provide. It is also a good source of vitamin B12 and calcium, which is good for the bones. [adsanity id=”54600″ align=”alignnone” /]Cheese is also rich in protein. Studies show that those who eat cheese regularly have healthier bones and lower risks of getting type 2 diabetes.
9. CoconutCoconut has saturated fats which, at first, may seem unhealthy and not the good type of fat. Actually, coconut is a healthy type of food and contains the good kind of fat in it. The coconut palm tree not called the tree of life for nothing, after all. The saturated fat found in coconuts help in flushing out the cholesterol from the body. This helps in preventing the risks of high blood pressure and other blood diseases. It has also been learned that coconut is good in fighting and preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
10. Chicken Or TurkeyYou may be a little doubtful and say that chicken or turkey is not a healthy choice. Truth is, chicken and turkey may have fatty deposits in them, but they’re also rich in protein and iron. Protein, as you know, helps keep your body strong and able. Iron is good for the blood and everything else pertaining to it. Eating chicken or turkey is actually a healthy choice of food because it helps to make the body strong and keeps the blood healthy. You see, not all fatty foods can be bad for the body. The saying, “If it tastes good, it’s bad for you,” no longer applies. There’s still some foods out there that can be equally tasty and healthy, and they can compete with any non-healthy types of food. So, instead of moping around and depriving yourself of the goodness that food has to offer, just come back to this list and see if what you’re cooking or ordering from a menu has the good type of fats. That way, you don’t have to feel guilty for eating something that tastes awesome, but with the fear of ruining your diet or ingesting bad fats. Eat and be merry – and healthy.
Please follow and like us: