- Too Much Meat – There are hormones food companies use heavily in pork, beef and dairy products. If you are a meat and potatoes kind of guy, make an effort to trade a part of that in for more fruits and veggies. If you insist on eating meat, make sure it is organic, meaning it’s grass-fed and free from hormones.
- Refined Carbohydrates –Your daily meals include cereals with fresh milk, burger for lunch and pasta for dinner. Unfortunately, this type of diet raises your insulin levels, which disrupts the central hormones pathway in your body and lessens the production of testosterone. Look for whole grained cereals, pastas and breads, while cutting down on your portions, too.
- Stress – Since when does stress become a good thing? Stress, especially the chronic type, suppresses the central hormone pathway and also hormone secretion. This affects the production of testosterone, which could affect your body in a bad way. Exercise, rest, journal, talk, dance, meditation and yoga – do whatever it takes to reduce your pent up anxiety and stress.
- Alcohol –An ice-cold beer is what you need after a stressful day; however, studies show that even the moderate consumption of beer could decrease your T levels. This is because the hops found in beer have estrogen-like properties that could affect testosterone production. Plus, it leads to a beer belly, which is something you need to stay away from in order to protect your heart.
- Being Overweight –Obesity or even weighing more than your recommended weight has a negative impact in your health. Aside from putting you at risk for many diseases and illnesses, high body fat could affect the production of hormones, thereby messing with your body and your libido.
1. Sex Burns Major CaloriesAn orgasm itself will only burn two to three calories, so, where’s the excitement in that? Depending on the length of lovemaking session and your performance in bed, sex could burn a minimum of 150 calories and up to 400 calories. [adsanity id=”54600″ align=”alignnone” /]The key here is the intensity of the physical activity. Lying down and waiting for your girl to do something will only burn a few calories, if any. In fact, it’s much better if you put on your running shoes and run around the neighborhood instead. On the other hand, an hour of vigorous sexual activity could help you burn up to 400 calories. Now, you know what to do. Don’t forget to keep the intensity level fierce, and soon you’ll be fit.
2. Sex Helps You Sleep Like A BabyAdmit it. After letting all those juices out, the next thing you want to do is to shut your eyes and get some sleep. You’re tired and you need to regain energy for round two, right? It turns out that an orgasm is an effective sleeping aid for many men. The next time you need to go to bed early and you forgot to refill your sleeping pills, just spend a few minutes with your ladylove for some action. It helps improve your sleep, and your relationship, too, a win-win.
3. Sex Kicks Killer Stress AwayOne of the things that are difficult to get away with is stress. Wherever you go, stress will find a way to knock at your door and shake things up. The good news is, you can kick stress in the butt without spending a dime. Have some sizzling sex. According to a research conducted at the University of the West of Scotland, sex releases anxiety, lowers cortisol or the stress hormone, and helps you cope with mental pressure for at least a week. It also helps establish blood flow to your ticker. This is healthy for both your mind and your body. Now, that’s a bargain.
4. Sex Is Your Heart’s Best FriendCardiovascular diseases are among the top killers in the world today. Blame it on things like your genes, those poor lifestyle habits or too much stress, but the important thing is, you can do many things to make sure you won’t be at risk. And yes, you guessed it right. Have plenty of good old-fashioned healthy sex. A study published in the American Journal of Cardiology showed that men who have sex at least twice a week lowered their risk of cardiovascular disease significantly. There are various opinions as to how experts arrived at this conclusion. According to them, the physical exercise you get from sex already provides protection against heart diseases. At the same time, the capacity to have sex on a regular basis is a marker of your overall health. Regardless of the explanation, one thing is for sure – sex is good for the heart, and a fun, simple way to be healthier. It sure beats working out, right?
5. Sex Might Strengthen Your Immune SystemColds and flu are some of the most common illnesses you will have in your lifetime. But, you don’t need a box of Tylenol or to take tons of vitamin C to keep your immune system working optimally. A romp in the sack goes a long way. Based on a study conducted by experts from Wilkes University in Pennsylvania, people who have sex one or two times a week have stronger immune systems than those who don’t, or rarely get some action in bed. This is because your body has more antigens called immunoglobulin A or IgA, which is your body’s first line of defense against flu symptoms.
6. Sex May Protect You Against Erectile ProblemsLimpness is the inability to get wood when you need it. It’s embarrassing, and a common problem as guys get older Although limpness is common among older men, the younger males are not exempted, either. Nonetheless, erectile issues are not inevitable, as most men think. According to a study published in The American Journal of Medicine, regular intercourse helps you protect yourself against the development of erectile problems, especially those men between 55 and 75 years old. At the same time, this could have an impact on your overall health and quality of life, too.
7. Sex Turns Back The Hands Of TimeWrinkles may not be a big issue for most men. Still, this doesn’t mean you won’t get them. In a 10-year-long study, British neuropsychologist David Weeks interviewed 3,500 adults in England and the United States to ask them about their frequency of sex. He found out that those who had sex four times a week looked 10 years younger than their actual ages. It turns out that sex releases happy hormones, which includes human growth hormones that help preserve your youthful vigor. The skin, hair, nails – your entire body benefits from having regular sex.
8. Sex is Good For The ProstateAside from cardiovascular health, prostate issues are a common health threat for men. Sex helps here too. Researchers at the National Cancer Institute found out that men who had 21 orgasms every month are less likely to have prostate problems. This is because ejaculation may clear the prostate of toxins that could lead to problems down the road.
9. Sex Makes You HappySex is fun and pleasurable, period. It provides you with different kinds of sensations, and gives your body an endorphin rush to elevate your mood and keep you feeling happy. Think about this. After sex, you always have that special smile in your face. At the same time, using your man down there on a regular basis will make your partner happy, too. Ever wonder why you two fight over the tiniest things some days? Sexual tension could be the culprit. By simply hugging and kissing more, you can rekindle that lost spark. So, before you hop into bed, start by cuddling, kissing and hugging to release those happy hormones. It doesn’t even have to be full-on sex. Many men are turning to herbal male enhancement pills for a boost. If you haven’t tried them and are struggling with low libido, talk to your doctor to see if they are a healthy option. You will only enjoy these benefits if you start using your man down there – in the safest manner possible. Or else, the next thing you know, your man no longer wants to cooperate.
Please follow and like us: