1. CraigslistCraigslist is a classified ads website founded by Craig New mark that allows people to post ads, for sale items, services, jobs, housings and it includes discussion forums – all for free. Since it first started in 1995, Craigslist became a venue for people to get the job done – career wise. Unfortunately, and according to new studies, Craigslist became a venue for HIV transmission. At least according to the studies conducted by professors from NYU’s Stern School of Business. The professors analyzed data in 33 states starting from 1998 to 2008. According to the said study, the professors found out the increasing HIV trend was not influenced by Craigslist’s escort service ads, but by the site’s personal section. This means people, especially men, no longer have to pay for escort services to get laid. In fact, new research also shows that internet-facilitated workers are less likely to do risky sexual activities and practices with their clients.
2. TindrTindr is a location-based social discovery application that allows you to meet and communicate with other users within the area. Just like other social media sites, Tindr needs your basic information such as your name, birthday and location. Then, this information will be used to find your match. Tindr can also be integrated with Facebook and Instagram, too. Tindr is among the popular dating apps in the market. In fact, it can provide you with potential hookups near your area, just in case you are looking for some action. This is the concern among sexual health experts. According to them, hook up apps lead to a rise in sexually transmitted diseases. Tindr is spontaneous and discreet, which makes sex look even more casual. Since it is location-based, it also makes sex more accessible to anyone. You can even find a willing partner who is only a meter away, which makes you more at risk.
3. GrindrTindr is often used by men looking for women mates and vice versa. If you are after same sex action, then Grindr is your best option. Launched in 2009, Grindr is the biggest location-based mobile network for men. Just like Tindr, this dating app allows you to find a potential buddy or date within your area. This is good news for you, especially when you are looking for either romance or simply some action. Sexual health experts consider Grindr and other dating apps as a harmful environment that contributes to the rise of unsafe sexual practices. Rhode Island’s Department of Health recorded a 79 percent increase in syphilis cases, up to 30 percent in gonorrhea cases and an increase in HIV cases by nearly one-third. Although these apps mean well, dating apps such as Grindr make it easy for people to arrange casual, and most of the time, anonymous sexual encounters.
4. Other Online Platforms[adsanity id=”54600″ align=”alignnone” /]Aside from Craigslist, Tindr and Grindr, there are other dating apps that help facilitate casual sex among people. Regardless of sexual orientation, these dating apps include OK Cupid, Hinge, SCRUFF and Dudesnude among others. In other words, dating apps became a venue for someone to meet other people – and it’s not necessarily for a long-term relationships. Non-market related casual sex has become so common, because people no longer have to shell out hundreds of dollars just to get laid.
5. Escort Service Ads
Type “Escort Service” in Google and you will surely find everything you need to know about escort service. Gone are the days when you need to get a directory and look for this type of service. Even escort services have found its way onto the Internet. The good thing about this type of service is that there is minimal risk. Most people who work in this industry go through regular checkups, and are required to use protection to minimize the risk. But if you are not careful, then you might find yourself in a doctor’s clinic after a few weeks. Here’s the reality: the route for HIV transmission has found its way inside the World Wide Web. Blame it on the creativity of people for the sake of sex, but the digital area does not mean HIV should come with it. Believe it or not, gonorrhea cases in England have increased by 15 percent, while syphilis cases jumped up to nine percent. Policymakers and healthcare practitioners should look closely into these online platforms to facilitate and eventually minimize the spread of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. At the same time, website owners must keep track and be responsible with everything that appears on their websites.
Say No: Tips On How To Stay Away from HIVHIV can be a lifelong condition that could lead to AIDS. The best protection against this virus is by not having sex, which is quite impossible these days. The good news is, there are ways to protect yourself against HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases, such as:
- Always Use Condoms. One of the easiest and most convenient ways to prevent sexually transmitted infections is by using a condom. If you use it consistently and correctly, that thin rubber could provide protection against HIV and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Always Go For Less Risky Sexual Behavior. Did you know that anal sex holds the title for being the riskiest sexual activity for transmission of HIV? Apparently, vaginal sex comes next and oral sex is the least risky of them all. Touching each other and kissing don’t carry much risk. Therefore, choose the less risky behavior, especially if you are having sex with someone you don’t know.
- Minimize Sex Partners.Having sex with multiple partners could make you feel sexy and very manly. Unfortunately, it carries some risk. In fact, the more partners you have in bed, the higher the possibility of getting a sexually transmitted disease. Sleeping around is fun and enjoyable. Just make sure you can handle the consequences once the fun is gone.
- Get Tested. Here’s the problem with HIV. You will never know unless you get tested. If you are sexually active, make sure to get tested at least once a year to make sure you are free from any diseases. This way, you can immediately get treatment in case something is brewing inside your body.
- Don’t Share.One of the causes of the rise of HIV is by sharing drug-injecting equipment. This could be problematic in case the person you are sharing injections with has HIV. Therefore, don’t share injecting equipment, or better yet, don’t take drugs. Get some help. It will make your life easier, healthier and longer.
- Consider Pre And Post-Exposure Prophylaxis. This is also known as PrEP and PEP, respectively. PrEPis a HIV medicine, which helps prevent the transmission of HIV, especially if your partner is HIV positive. You can also take this for your protection in case you don’t your partner’s sexual history. On the other hand, PEP is a HIV medicine that you can take to reduce your risk in case you had sex with someone who might be HIV positive.
- Encourage Honesty In The Relationship.There are a lot of factors needed in order to make a relationship work. One of these is honesty. Even if you are in a monogamous relationship, make sure that you and your girl talk about previous sex partners and any HIV scares. Address any possible sexual issues and get treatment when needed. This way, you will minimize the risks and protect yourself against problems down there in the future.