1. Goal Setting: The First Step in Health Fitness SuccessDo you want to lose extra pounds and gain muscle mass? Do you prefer bulking up to make you more visually appealing? How about maintain your current body? Regardless of what you choose, here is one thing you should always remember: set your goals. Goal setting is an important step in establishing your health and fitness routines. It puts you into perspective to remind you of what you want to do and achieve, helps you keep track of your improvement, and allows you to check whether you are still on the right track in terms of achieving your goals. What are you waiting for? Get a pen and paper and make a list of your fitness goals and what you want to happen.
2. Choose Your Food Wisely by Going for Lower-Glycemic Whole FoodsWhen it comes to being healthy, your diet should be the ultimate baby. This is why it is important to choose foods that are low in glycemic index to make sure that you won’t compromise your health. What does lower glycemic index measures? It is the effect a particular food has on your blood sugar. This means the higher the starch or sugar content a particular food has, the higher the possibility of the food causing your blood sugar to spike. You can avoid this by going for foods with low glycemic index. Fresh, whole, and non-processed foods are also advisable. Here are some of the foods you should add in your list:
- Fresh fruits
- Lean protein
- Starchy vegetables
- Low-fat dairy
- Leafy greens like lettuce and kale
- Greek yogurt
3. Hydration: An Important Component in Maintaining Your HealthYou will always find countless health fitness tips and what you should do to keep your body toned. Still, one thing will never be eliminated from the list: water. Drinking at least eight glasses of water a day keeps you healthy and energized. Aside from keeping you hydrated, drinking water boosts your metabolism, thereby helping you lose excess pounds. In other words, it is the best energy drink available with zero calories but tons of health benefits. To make sure you are getting enough water, here are tips to keep you hydrated:
- Track the number of glasses you have everyday.
- Drink a glass full of water before, during, and after meals.
- Eat more eater-enriched fruits and vegetables.
- Bring a water bottle with you everywhere you go.
- Keep your water cold to encourage you to drink more.
- Add other water alternatives like soup and fresh fruit juices.
4. Breakfast: The Most Important Meal of the Day You Shouldn’t MissYou might be tempted to skip breakfast since you are in a hurry each morning, and often late for work. It turns out that one of the most important components in the world of health and fitness is eating a good breakfast. There is a reason why it is the most important meal of the day. Skipping breakfast increases your risk of obesity by slowing down your metabolism and signaling your body that starvation and famine are coming. This makes you more prone to eating unhealthy, which could compromise your efforts. The bottom line is don’t skip the breakfast and simply enjoy the food. Your health and fitness heavily relies on what you had in the morning.
5. Start a Healthy Lifestyle by Exercising RegularlyA popular health – fitness magazine will always tell you this: if you want a healthy lifestyle, then you need to incorporate exercise into your daily routine. That’s true. In fact, you don’t need to be an athlete to work out regularly. There is also no need to do killer workouts that will make you feel sore the following day. The important thing is to be active everyday, or at least most of the days in a week. Make sure you are consistent with your exercise to give you the results you wanted. Once you start to see an improvement in your appearance, you will be more motivated to do better. Let’s say you want to remain true to your title as an armchair athlete. That’s okay. The next section will tell you about different routines you can do to burn calories and tone your muscles even without standing up.
6. Exercise Routines for Every Armchair AthleteFine, your favorite team is playing and you promise to work out as soon as the scores start to roll. Unfortunately, the next game is also one of your favorite teams, so you decide to skip the exercise and vow to do it the following day. Don’t worry. You can still exercise even without standing up. Check out these low-impact moves you can do while watching the game:
- Arm Circles – Sit straight with your arms out to the side and your palms facing back. Make circles, about the size of a dinner plate, with your hands. Do this 20 to 30 times to tone your arms.
- Buttocks Clench – This classic armchair exercise is simple, easy to do, and can be done anywhere. All you have to do is to clench the muscles in your buttocks and hold it for five seconds then relax.
- Bust Booster – This chest-toning exercise can help increase your breasts. To do this, sit straight and put your hands together as if you were praying. Push your palms together as hard as you can and hold it for 10 seconds. Do this five times a day.
- Leg Exercises – Circle your feet and ankle 20 times on each foot. Then, stretch your leg and point your toes forward and backward 20 times to work on calf muscles. This improves blood circulation in your legs.
- Water Bottle Curls – Instead of dumbbells, use water bottles to do biceps curls.
- Silent Scream – If you want to tone your exercise and muscles, this routine is the best way to go. The idea is to scream the vowels silently to exercise your face and neck muscles. Do this as often as you like.
7. Avoid Boredom by Varying Your Activities: Ways to Introduce Something New in Your RoutineKids become less excited when they do the same things over and over. Adults feel the same way too, which makes you feel less motivated. What’s the solution? Introduce new activities and workouts in your routine. Doing the same things everyday can make workouts tiring, boring, and less motivating. If you want to be fit sans a sport you are good at, you need to start making your training more progressive. It all depends on your own preference. It could be an activity you always wanted to try, trying a new workout routine, or even incorporating simple active lifestyle changes such as biking your way to work. The important thing is to introduce variety to get you up and running no matter what the day is. Now that you are in the process of adding variety to your routine, check out the next tip, since this could help introduce something new on the table.
8. Rediscover Yourself and Find an Activity You Like to Do BestThey say fitness is 80 percent mental and 20 percent physical. That could be true. Doing the work is one part, but you need a strong mental health to get you going. [adsanity id=”54600″ align=”alignright” /] Aside from proper diet and regular exercise, you can jumpstart your health fitness goals by finding an activity that you like the most and willing to try. It could be anything from trying basketball, to swimming, to marathons, and anything that keeps you moving and physically active. The important thing is to encourage you to move a lot and become physically active. In case you can’t find an activity that interests you most, the next tip will surely help.
9. Pick a Sport You that Unleashes the Steven Smith in You – then Try ItYou love to criticize Lebron James, Steph Curry, Chris Paul, and other NBA players for every missed shot, turnovers, bad plays, lost possession, and anything that could cause the game. Here’s the question: did you actually play basketball at least once in your life? Have you tried putting yourself into these players shoes? Can you do what they can do when on court? In other words, one of the best ways to boost health fitness is by trying a sport you mostly criticize. It could be any sport as long as it is something you haven’t tried before. It could be a good way to understand the sport, so you can have a better grasp of what the players you often complain about go through. Who knows, you might love the game and pave way to something bigger for you.
10. Choose a Group that Encourages You to Stand Up and MoveMost of the time, your willingness to exercise is dependent on how motivated you are to keep working. Nevertheless, there are instances when you need a push from friends to keep you going. This is why it important to also choose your friends wisely. You need someone who can motivate you, tell you to keep working hard, and push you to your limits. You can be friends with equally armchair athletes, but if they tell you to just sit around and watch all day, then you need to reconsider your options. Being an armchair athlete doesn’t mean you have to be a couch potato. Go ahead and move around to enjoy the many benefits of being physically active, which you will learn in the next section.
11. Realize the Benefits of Being Physically ActiveYou might be thinking of tons of ways on how to be physically active and hopefully, encourage you to move around. There is no need to look further. Being physically active can:
- Help you sleep better.
- Build stronger bones.
- Manage your stress level.
- Reduce your risk of developing heart conditions.
- Control your weight by improving your metabolism.
- Improve your quality of life.
- Help you enjoy sex more.
12. Effectively Use Your Time by Starting Your Own Health – Fitness BlogYou ate healthy, worked out regularly, and even tried a new sport just to keep you moving. Unfortunately, you prefer sitting on the sidelines and watching the players play as you write down your comments on how they can improve. Here’s the better use of your time – and something you can earn from, eventually: start your own health and fitness blog. You can use your notes, comments, and areas of improvement to start your own health – fitness blog. Focus on empowering the people to move around and physically active while providing tips on how they can improve on a particular sport. In other words, use your being an armchair athlete to push people to do better in their chosen sport with the help of your notes and observations from constantly watching the games. You’ll never know. This could provide additional savings for you.
13. Consider Health and Fitness Jobs to Help You Understand Athletes MoreLet’s say writing is not your forte. That’s fine. You can still make something out of the countless times you are glued to ESPN, analyzing the players’ statistics and making notes on areas they can improve on. In this case, try looking for health and fitness jobs. Its job description includes:
- Customize exercise and lifestyle plans for individuals according to their age and abilities.
- Teach individuals or groups on how to properly perform exercises and how to use exercise equipment.
- Monitor patients’ fitness levels and any signs of improvement over a period of time.
14. Give in to Cravings – But Make Sure You Know Your LimitationsHealth fitness articles will tell you that sugar is something you should avoid – at all times. After all, they have zero nutritional benefits and will do nothing but add a few pounds to your waistline. As a result, you tend to skip dessert then dream about the slice of chocolate cake you let go. Here’s the thing: even athletes have occasional pig out too. It helps them maintain better eating habits since they are not depriving themselves of the foods they like, which could lead to bingeing. How should you go about it? Have a planned pig out. Eat your preferred cheat food at least once a week and indulge. Just make sure to stick to one cheat day every week and compensate it in the treadmill.
15. Motivate Yourself Consistently to Keep You Going ConstantlyWhether you decide to play a particular sport, embraced the life of a blogger, or enjoyed your works as a health fitness specialist, one thing is constant: you need to keep yourself motivated at all times. Along the way, you might experience bumps and curves that will make you want to stop and just go back to your old ways. You might also notice little improvement in your appearance that will make you feel that you are simply wasting your time for something that doesn’t work. These are normal. Nonetheless, it doesn’t mean that you should stop and pay little attention to your progress. When it comes to health and fitness, it is important to find something that will motivate you and consistently tell you to stand up and go on. Look for inspirations to do better and add goal setting in your routine. When you constantly motivate yourself, it will be easier for you to achieve your fitness goals.
16. Be Active with the Most Active People in the WorldNo, they are not athletes. If you want to be active, then you need to make friends with the most active people in the world, also known as kids. Kids have the highest energy levels all the time. If you can’t figure out what type of physical activity you should do and focus on, then at least get up and move by playing with kids. It can be your own children, in case you have one, your nephews, nieces, friends’ kids, and even your neighbors’ kids. Organize play dates, consider baby-sitting, and be surrounded with kids whenever time allows it. surrounding yourself with kids not only keeps you active but also brings various physical, mental, and emotional benefits. Consequently, play could give kids health fitness a boost too.
17. This is the Most Important Tip When It Comes to Your Health and FitnessAll of the health fitness tips you learned are effective and could help boost the athlete in you. Nonetheless, here is the number one tip most athletes will tell you to do: get enough rest. In fact, rest is a critical component when it comes to health fitness. Believe it or not, rest and sleep makes a big difference in your overall function. Sleep lower than six hours could affect your energy levels and discourages you to exercise. Aside from this, it makes you more prone to eat sweet, unhealthy foods to help you “keep awake, ” which leads to weight gain. On the other hand, getting adequate rest makes you more cheerful, energetic, and motivated to do and perform better. What’s the bottom line? Make sure you are getting at least eight hours of sleep every night. If you want an instant boost, then giving your body some time to rest could help you a lot. In conclusion, don’t limit yourself to criticizing how others play the game or move inside the court. You need to prove not just to others but also to yourself that you are capable and strong. Remember these 17 health fitness techniques and who knows, this could pave way to bigger things for you.
Please follow and like us: