As a man, an erection is one very important phenomenon that is needed to engage in sexual intercourse. Since sexual intercourse is one aspect of life for all human beings, maintaining your erection health is vital to having a healthy sexual appetite.
Being a man, you already have a good idea about the process of how an erection occurs. However, you may not be fully aware of what exactly happens in your genital region. Unless you are a medical student, you might not know about the parts of the penis. Now this is normal, because who really reads books about the different parts of the penis and how it functions, after all? Although you are not studying to be a nurse or a doctor, it is still important to have the basic knowledge about your reproductive system and erection health, so you can continue to take care of your entire body. Knowledge is power, and knowing more could never be a negative thing.
Know Your Body: The Different Parts Of The PenisSince you see your penis every single day, you may know about the basic parts of the penis, which are the ball sack, the penis shaft and the head, or tip, of the penis. However, more parts of the male’s reproductive system are important in determining how it functions. Here are the parts of the male sexual organ that you should know more about:
- Corpora Cavernosa – This is the two cylinder-shaped chambers that run the entire length of the penis. They contain several blood vessels and cavities.
- Urethra – The male’s urethra is much longer than the female’s urethra, because the man’s reproductive organ is longer in length. It is the canal where urine and sperm flow out of and it is located underside the corpora cavernosa.
- Shaft– The longest part of the penis.
- Erectile Tissue – This structure sits within the corpora cavernosa and right above the urethra. It contains several nerves and veins. It also houses two main arteries.
- Head Of The Penis – Another name for the head of the penis is the glans. It is located right at the end of the penis’ shaft.
- Meatus – This structure is located at the tip of the head, where the fluids and discharges emerge.
Do You Know: How An Erection OccursMost people don’t really know exactly how an erection happens. For example, did you know a man’s erection actually starts in their brain? As a man gets physically and mentally stimulated through sexual thoughts, sexual actions or even unconsciously, the nerves in the brain send out chemical messages to the nerves located in the penis. As sexual stimulus takes place, the nerves tell the blood vessels in the penis to relax, so that blood could flow freely into the penis. As high blood pressure increase in the organ, it becomes trapped in the corpora cavernosa. This causes the penis to harden, expand and maintain the erection. There are also times during the night when a man gets an erection. It does not necessarily mean that they are turned on sexually. A phenomenon called nocturnal penile tumescence or NPT is a condition when a man has an erection during the night. This can happen at least three to five times throughout the night. There are electrical impulses in the brain that happen during rapid eye movement, or the REM stages of sleep. The man’s testosterone level is at its peak during the morning, which is another reason for erections in the a.m.
The Healthy Man: What You Need To Know To Maintain Your Erection HealthIf you want to have erection wellness throughout your life, you should pay attention to the health of your penis. This may not be something too many men focus on, because they do not realize the conditions that they could experience with their reproductive systems. [adsanity id=”54600″ align=”alignnone” /] Since limpness has been an increasing problem in recent years, erection health is important to consider. Here are a few tips on how you can watch out for your erection health:
- have erections. Try to focus on foods that are fresh and free of excessive fats, salt, sugar, preservatives and additives. Center your diet on fruits, vegetables, protein, whole wheat and other foods that could provide your body with the nutrients, minerals and vitamins it needs to function optimally. Maintain A Healthy Diet. Try to keep in mind that food for a man’s heart is also not healthy for the ability to
- Maintain A Healthy Weight. Men who tend to be overweight are more at risk for erection problems, since the excess pounds can cause nerve damage. Keep your weight at a specific number that is right for your body frame. If you don’t know what it should be, ask your doctor.
- Get Your Cholesterol And Blood Pressure Checked Regularly. You should opt to getting a general check up every year or so depending on your age. Having high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure could damage the blood vessels throughout your body, which could affect your penis and cause limpness.
- Exercise At Least Three Times A Week. Many studies show that a sedentary lifestyle can trigger problems downstairs. Try to get in some cardio workouts throughout the week such as running, swimming, dancing or other forms of aerobic exercises to keep your johnson hard and happy.
- Avoid Smoking And Excessive Alcohol Drinking. Both these vices will do no good for your body, and that includes your erectile health. Men who are chronic smokers and chronic alcohol drinkers tend to have nerve, liver and lung damage, which could interfere with erectile wellness.