1. Sex May Help You Burn CaloriesLet’s face it. Only a very few selected people love to go to the gym. The rest of us are too busy making excuses not to go. If you want to lose those calories, but you are too tired or busy to go to the gym or do anything that resembles exercise, don’t worry. Sex can do that for you. In an average, sex can burn 4.5 calories per minute during the action. Multiply that to the number of minutes you last, plus the number of times you have sex and you got yourself an equation for fitness. You get to enjoy making love while losing weight. Think of it as having the privilege to eat your most favorite dessert without worrying about getting fat. That’s not bad.
2. Sex Helps You Learn To Control Your BladderBladder control – you may have it under control now, but a well-tamed bladder can be useful when you age. Thankfully, sex helps you to develop a control over your bladder instead of it controlling you. You know, in those untimely moments when you bladder chooses to play up. When you thrust your pelvic muscles during sex, it develops the Kegel muscles, which are responsible to control the flow of your urine. As your Kegel muscles strengthen, you also get to rule over your bladder and control it.
3. Sex Might Help Your Immunity To InfectionsNobody likes infections, and nobody likes the things you need to go through with these infections. That is why it is easier to just prevent infections in the first place. Studies reveal that people who have sex often have higher levels of immunoglobin A, an antibody that helps to fight off viruses and infection-carrying bacteria. This simply means that having sex often may reduce your risks of getting infections. Sex is protecting your from something painful and quite possibly large expenses for treatments.
4. Sex Could Improve Your Smelling SenseAfter an orgasm, prolactin surges up in the blood stream. Prolactin is a hormone that works with the olfactory nerves to strengthen the sense of smell. Prolactin also triggers a part of the brain to bring back memories in connection to sex. So basically, it all goes back to sex. If you have more sex, your sense of smell will be a lot healthier. It’s probably often taken for granted, but the sense of smell is pretty important for your overall well-being.
5. Sex May Reduce The Risks Of Getting Prostate CancerProstate cancer is one of the leading causes of death in men due to cancer. An average of 14 in every 100 men gets diagnosed with prostate cancer every year, with a mortality rate of 0.21 percent in the entire male population diagnosed. That was just to make you aware, but of course, sex can have a way around that. Studies show that men in their 20’s who ejaculate five or more times weekly have lower risks of getting prostate cancer as compared to those who rarely ejaculates. Older men who have had an active sex life in their younger years may have lower risks of getting prostate cancer.
6. Sex Will Make You Feel Better About YourselfThis one’s about your self esteem and confidence in yourself. Having sex releases happy hormones that can make one think positively. If you have sex often, you will be happy often. Being happy will make you feel good about yourself and remove all insecurities. Sex will also put you in a good mood often which, in reality, is something that every one needs. So if you are feeling a little down or depressed, you have one answer to take all that away.
7. Sex Might Even Out Your Blood PressureSex is an activity that your body needs to exercise your blood pressure also. If you have high blood pressure or low blood pressure and you need a reset, sex is one way to do that. Regular sex will make your blood pressure even out, especially at specific times of the day. This also means that sex can help fight high blood pressure. If you want to prevent it or if you are already fighting off this disease, you should know that having sex often can be a healthy way to treat high blood pressure.
8. Sex Can Reduce Your Stress[adsanity id=”54600″ align=”alignnone” /]The thought of sex as a stress-reliever comes from the idea that when everything in you is too pressured and stressed out, sex can be the answer to calm yourself. This is because the body releases oxytocin during orgasm. Oxytocin is a hormone that can help calm your nerves. When oxytocin is released after orgasm, you will notice an overwhelming feeling of relaxation afterwards. Although this feeling may gradually reduce, the hormone is already streaming through your blood and helps you stay calm and collected, even in the most panicky of moments.
9. Sex Could Make Your Hormones Regulate Properly And RegularlyYour body has hormones – lots of different kinds of hormones – and each of them has a specific function in your body. Sex releases several types of hormones that can help in making you feel good, make you thirst for more sex, sleep better and live longer. When you have sex and release these hormones, you are putting these hormones to use. That means they will regulate properly and regularly, which is a healthy action for the body.
10. Sex Could Make You Look YoungerOkay, so you know how sex will make you turn your back on stress and make you feel good about yourself? The product of that is one thing: you may look younger. When you have sex often, your body will release the happy hormones and other positive hormones that will prevent those wrinkles from showing too early. This could make you look younger and fresher. The more you have sex, the younger you may look. Sex is your most personal plastic surgeon without the large bill.
11. Sex May Cure Headaches And Other Physical PainsHere’s another oxytocin award. The hormone, oxytocin that your body releases during sex is capable of reducing pains like headaches, toothaches and other kinds of aches and body pains. That means when you have a headache, instead on snapping at everyone because of your discomfort, find a way to have some sex, and have your headache cured.
12. Sex May Fight The Flu And Common ColdBecause of the ability of sex to protect you from infections, apparently sex can also help you fight the flu and colds. Just like the infection principle, having sex often increases the antibodies in your bloodstream, which makes it harder for flu or colds to penetrate. Even if you should be smart and get yourself a vaccine from the flu, you have another option, and that is to have sex regularly. Be safe and get a flu shot, though.
13. Sex Could Lower Your Risks Of Cardiovascular ProblemsAll of the ones mentioned above combined, plus the fact that sex is one form of a cardio exercise, sex can reduce the risks of heart problems. Studies and statistics have revealed that having sex often can lead to a healthier heart. It can also prevent stroke, cardiac arrest and other heart related problems. Since the heart is a very important part of the body and your existence, you owe to this important organ to make sure that it stays healthy. You can do that through frequent sex. Everyone wants to live longer. People go to a lot of effort to make sure that they are healthy enough to live through their 70’s, 80’s and beyond. Some eat healthily, some do exercise regularly, and some avoid anything unhealthy altogether. But some – you know the really wise ones who know how to make the most of what they have – they have sex, and lots of it. Yes, sex may add years to your life. Basically, if you want to live longer, you’ve got to have a lot of sex, too. Be smart and be safe, though. Many seniors are coming down with STDs, because they don’t think they need protection any longer. Condoms are not just for preventing pregnancy. They can prevent STDs, so if you are not in a long-term relationship and absolutely sure it is safe to go without one, be safe and grab a condom first.
Please follow and like us: