1. Heart ProblemsThere are obviously other things to be worried about if you are diagnosed with a heart problem, but just so you are fully aware of the medical side effects of this condition, you should know that heart problems also cause limpness and lower sex drive. In fact, the two issues are closely associated with each other due to blood flow. If you have trouble getting wood, it could lead to problems with your heart. One way or the other, heart problems can cause sexual issues, or sexual issues may be a sign of heart problems. Some medications for heart disease can cause limpness, as well, so if you take them and have issues, talk to your doctor. They can change your meds or decrease the dosage.
2. Health IssuesYour health is your most prized possession and if anything goes wrong, it will show. It will show on your weight, on your skin and yes, and on your sexual abilities, as well. There are several medical conditions – most of them are lifestyle diseases – that can be a cause of impotency for men. One is diabetes, when your blood sugar becomes irregular and the needed amount for your reproductive organs is not supplied. Another is hypertension, or high blood pressure, which can alter your blood flow altogether. Arthritis can also be a cause of impotency due to the irregular amount of uric acid distributed in the blood. These are only a few of the many other medical conditions that can cause sexual impotency.
3. ObesityThere are two possible reasons how obesity can cause sexual impotence in men. First is the most obvious, how a man’s mental perspective on sex declines when he is overweight. True enough, obesity can decrease one’s self confidence and even reduce their sexual desires. The second one is the blood chemistry which will develop a large amount of fat deposits in it, which can alter the normal surge of blood down there, making it difficult to achieve and maintain an erection.
4. Prostate IssuesWhen a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer, either his prostate is surgically removed, resulting in a lifetime of impotence, in the sense that he will not longer have the ability to reproduce. Another is that prostate cancer, with the cancer cells involved, can affect the sperm reproduction and testosterone levels in the body. All this can cause sexual impotence. Take note, however, that this case does not solely affect older men. No matter what the age, prostrate problems can affect a man’s sex life.
5. Post-Surgery ProblemsProstatectomy is the surgical process of removing a man’s prostate either due to cancer or other possible medical causes. The prostate is where the sperm cells are reproduced and housed until they are released. Removal of this organ means the sperm cells are displaced or they will just cease to exist. This will result to impotence, in the sense that men will not be able to make a baby anymore. Also, after surgery, medications and treatments can include chemicals that can cause a lifetime of impotence. Other common surgeries require time to heal and can affect a man’s libido and ability to have erections. Many men take pain meds following surgery, which leads us to the next reason for impotency.
6. Taking MedicationsIt’s true that there are plenty of medications that can cure impotence. These medications can be of great help for older men. However, there are also medications that can do the exact opposite. Not only will some medical conditions make you sexually impotent, apparently, the medications you take can also make you impotent. One popular form of medication that can affect your sexual potency greatly are anabolic steroids. This type of steroid is known to have major side effects on your hormones, particularly your testosterone levels. Too much steroid use can lead to early impotence and erectile dysfunction.
7. AlcoholismWhile we commonly see younger men in the bar regularly drinking alcohol, it is the older men who have higher rates of alcoholism and alcohol dependency. The explanation is quite simple. Older men have developed a habit out of working during the day and then drinking alcohol at night. As much as drinking alcohol is a health hazard to your body and mind, it is also a threat to your sexual health. Too much alcohol in your body can change the course of your blood chemistry, blood flow and hormones, which can have negative side effects on your sexual state.
8. Lighting Up
9. Emotional IssuesSexual impotencies are not all physical and medical conditions. Yes, a majority can spring from medical cases, but there are also other factors to consider when a man is diagnosed with sexual impotency. One possible cause is a person’s emotional stability. Emotional issues with your partner, your family, your job and your life can affect your emotional stability, which can also have an effect on your blood flow, resulting in problems with erections and eventually, sexual impotency. Emotional issues are quite common for older men due to the fact they have been through and have seen a lot in life.
10. DepressionDepression cases range from young teens, all the way up to older people. Although older people have more open minds, and therefore are lesser prone to depression – or shall we say they have moved on from any bitterness – there are still a significant percentage of the senior population that go through depression. Depression can also be a cause of sexual impotency because, according to psychology, the neurons in the brain are affected. These are vital in the reproduction of the sex hormone known as testosterone. Therefore, the domino-effect results in a high possibility of sexual impotence for men.
11. StressStress can affect men of any age; however, stress is common in older men due to several reasons. They can be much more knowledgeable on the tasks at hand, and if they don’t get exactly what they need, it causes stress. Older men sometimes lack the patience, which adds to their stress, also. Problems with the family, with their partners, their health,money or their jobs can be a source of stress. Stress can affect a man’s emotional stability. It can also affect their testosterone reproduction, since stressing out would mean their energy is worn out constantly. If this regularly happens, the possibility of your hormones not being able to reproduce to their normal rates is highly probable, and this can lead to impotence.
12. Sleep DisordersSleeping is a vital part of a person’s daily routine, men and women alike. For older men, sleeping is important because is it one way to replenish your energy and make sure that your body functions properly. A lack of sleep or sleep disorders can affect a man’s health in magnitudes. It can make the body frail and weak, because the body repairs itself during sleep. The body also produces testosterone while you sleep. A lack of sleep can also decrease the reproduction of healthy cells which can have a chain effect that can result to medical problems, one of them being sexual impotence. The truth is, we will all age, but it is possible to stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible just by following a healthy way of living. You can do something to fight aging and prolong your sex life. All you need to do is to eat well, exercise and get plenty of rest. Be proactive, too. If you start to feel depressed or anxious, or experience ED, talk to your doctor to find out the cause and start a treatment program.
Please follow and like us: